WHY THE NEED
We are currently seeking help to expand this program and to make it even more practical and comprehensive. Picture our vision as a composite like physical compound (a spiritual garrison) only totally dedicated to the discipleship model and lifestyle Jesus and his disciples exemplified for three years.
• We must begin to model a 24/7 paradigm much like Jesus did with His disciples for three years. It’s an imperative that we become a community within a community, the Kingdom of God here on earth.
• Together with what you, I and significant others bring to the table; we as the Body of Christ in the Inner city can potentially become the "New Wine" in the "New Wine Skins" that is so desperately needed! Our current model is very irrelevant...
• Only in a controlled environment like a Morehouse College (1978-1982) could a Navigator Staff Minister called Charlie Speight make a potential Disciple of Christ out of the likes of me... To think we could do otherwise with much more demanding issues in the "Hood" today is just plain demonic. My distinguished colleagues, why is it the 21st Century we only have comprehensive discipleship programs for the middle and upper classes? Wasn't Jesus whole modus operandi to empower and disciple the working poor and underclass first?
• Jesus set the agenda (with 12 unlearned men 24 hours a day/7 days a week for 36 month) for discipleship 2000 years ago in His poor "Hood" called Nazareth.
• Where is this type of Discipleship in our churches for our 21st Century "Hood"? It's nonexistent... due to upper class flight from predominately poor inner-city neighborhoods; therefore the church as a whole are unable to disciple the poor they have shamelessly neglected. Thus, we have a form of godliness that has denied the power thereof...
• People of God... Let's do discipleship like Jesus did and we will see a Jesus led Revolution of our inner cities in our lifetime.... "And these unlearned men turned their known world upside down!" Please offer us your wisdom, feedback and constructive criticism on this long-standing dilemma. We on the front lines here in our America’s Haiti need your time, talents and treasures like never before.